Monday, November 05, 2012

LIke An Early Taste of That Sweet, Sweet Schadenfreude?

Barbara Shelley of the Kansas City Star imagines waking up on Wednesday with Mitt Romney as the President-Elect:

Fast forward just over a week. It is midmorning and I am still in bed with the blankets pulled over my head.

This is partly because I was up late the night before, and partly because, before retiring, I canvassed the house for stupefying substances.

It is Wednesday, Nov. 7, and Mitt Romney is president-elect of the United States.

Morning in America? Not for me.


She then goes on to snivel about "neocons" and snarks on Romney's speech mannerisms, and all but calls Paul Ryan a liar for misremembering how many hours it took him to complete a marathon.

Read the whole delicious thing, but remember in this Thanksgiving month, not to over-indulge on the schadenfreude. It's probably fattening, and no doubt carcinogenic, also.

No comments: